Position: ASSISTANT LODGE MANAGER.
Deadline: 10 Jun 2019.
Date posted: 26 May 2019.
Location:Selous Game Reserve.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Lodge Manager to
oversee the daily operations of the Lodge as well as provide strategic
direction. The ideal candidate will be responsible to plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and
diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business. The goal is to
enhance customer dedication and expand our clientele by strengthening the Lodge's
- Supervise work at all levels
(receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees etc.) and set clear
- Plan activities and allocate
responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and
interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and
efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate
(welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions
to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages
in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as
suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce
strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration,
Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
- Proven 5+ years experience as Lodge Manager/Hotel Manager or
- Fluency in English. knowledge of other
languages is a plus
- Understanding of all hotel management
best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Knowledge
of hotel management software is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well
as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task
and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great
attention to detail