Position: HEAVY EQUIPMENT ELECTRICIAN.
Deadline: 15 Aug 2022.
Date posted: 28 Jul 2022.
To perform skilled and semi-skilled work involved in the electrical servicing, maintenance and repair of the vehicles and equipment, heavy construction equipment and other equipment; to maintain simple records related to shop operations; and to perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Carry out electrical maintenance, fault finding and monitoring of the heavy equipment and other related equipment and carry out the tasks assigned by Foreman and Supervisor
- Ensure maximum operational availability of heavy equipment by diagnostic work and repair methods
- Submit routine inspection and monitoring reports as required
- Carry out duties independently when called out and report breakdowns and faults
- Assume additional responsibility for heavy equipment maintenance in the absence of Foreman
- Ensure that emergency work is followed up by reporting to Foreman
- Ensure work practice conforms to safety regulations and procedures
- Ensure that all preventive maintenance (electrical) is conducted as defined in the system
- Attend breakdowns as reported by Staff & Equipment Control on immediate basis
- Submit correct information about start time and end time of maintenance activity
- Ensures tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities and all equipment for which his team is responsible
Education, Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship.
- 2+ years of experience working as an Electrician or a similar role
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of diesel-powered heavy equipment and construction equipment
- Proven knowledge of electrical theory, materials, and equipment
- Familiar with electrical systems, hand tools, and power tools
- Excellent critical thinking skills and problem-solving ability
- Flexible to work for long shifts
- Ability to read and write in English
- Quick decision-making skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail