Position: HR ASSISTANT.
Deadline: 15 Aug 2022.
Date posted: 28 Jul 2022.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
We are looking for an HR Assistant to undertake a variety of HR administrative duties. The position involves a wide range of support activities inside HR department, from coordinating meetings to maintaining the employee database to posting job adverts. An important part of this role will be to act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions. The ideal candidate will also assist in creating policies, processes and documents.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources Manager
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Communicate with public services when necessary
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Assist to source candidates and update the database
Requirements & Skills
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Proven experience as an HR Assistant, Staff Assistant or relevant human resources position
- Must have done payroll, recruitment and disciplinary matters
- Fast computer typing skills (MS Office, in particular)
- Hands-on experience with an HRIS or HRMS is a plus
- Basic knowledge of labor laws
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communications skills