Position: EXECUTIVE CHEF.
Deadline: 04 Jun 2021.
Date posted: 21 May 2021.
This role would suit a Head Chef / Executive Chef who has previous
experience at a 3 or 4 star hotel, looking for a new challenge in his/ her career. It is
important that all chefs applying for this position should have good all round cooking skills gained
from within hotel kitchens where they were serving a number of different dining
options from one kitchen. The ideal candidate should also be self standards driven,
hands on, and can build a strong team.
- Ensuring that all food is of excellent quality and served in a
- Planning the menu, keeping in mind budget, and availability of
- Overseeing all kitchen operations
- Coordinating kitchen staff, and assisting them as required
- Training staff to prepare and cook all the menu items
- Taking stock of ingredients and equipment, and placing orders
to replenish stock
- Enforcing safety and sanitation standards in the kitchen
- Creating new recipes to keep the menu fresh
- Keeping up to date with industry trends
- Receiving feedback and making improvements where necessary
- Bachelor's Degree preferably specializing in hotel management or culinary arts, or
equivalent experience is required
- 3-5 years previous experience in multiple culinary department head level
- Working technical knowledge of Hotel Kitchen Management as
well as core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working
knowledge is generally learned on-the-job
- Ability to operate Computer Equipment and other
Food & Beverage Computer systems
- Ability to operate and utilize culinary
production equipment and tools
- Reading, Writing and oral proficiency in the