Position: NATIONAL SALES MANAGER - AIRLINE.
Deadline: 22 Apr 2021.
Date posted: 15 Apr 2021.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
We are looking for National Sales Manager to lead, direct, manage, and motivate the Sales team in order to achieve and ensure maximum sales, based on the growth strategy of the company within the assigned territory. The ideal candidate will work together with Regional Manager to design the Sales strategy and implement them through the relevant Sales Executives ensuring that our approach is effective and consistent with the corporate guidelines. The successful candidates will be responsible to achieve sales within the Tanzanian territory.
- To achieve, organize, control and monitor passenger sales targets and marketing goals of the company
- Clearly define, document and implement a Sales Strategy to acquire accounts as per the target set
- Implement the sales philosophy, including policies, sales quotas and goals in agreement with Regional Manager to achieve the short and long-term revenue growth strategy within the designated territory
- Analyse the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats of situations and develop long-term approaches and objectives based on the above findings and identify travel agents with potential for further growth
- Provide support/direction for the team towards achieving the revenue objectives
- Ensure 'Best Sales Working Practises' are implemented and Sales Force Automation is fully optimized
- To oversee the operation of the Reservations/ Ticketing unit in delivering a total product that is in keeping with the airline’s image as quality service provider in order to provide a comprehensive reservation /ticketing service, enhances our image to the customer, take immediate steps towards service recovery and increase sales Direct, manage & monitor the activities of Sales Executives, to appraise and assess monthly targets and performance for a smooth day to day operation
- Ensure that all travel agents and corporates are prioritized, regularly visited and professionally handled by the sales team to increase revenue and gain market share
- To assist in the development of value-added products like Holidays by the company for implementation in the local market in order to further optimize and enhance revenue
- To ensure that the product and promotional plans are understood and implemented to give the greatest impact in the market
- Identify and allocate resources on what needs to be done by Sales Executives, to cover territory and travel agents effectively, to maintain the overall objective without focusing only on the details of the current task in hand
- Manage travel trade relationships, review travel trade developments and suggest appropriate modifications in the sales policy to Regional Manager, to ensure profitability and explore new business prospects internally and externally
- Resolve operational and reservations issues from travel agents related product or disruptions or customer complaints involving individual sales personnel, including addressing any disciplinary problems that may develop within the sales team
- Collect and collate competitor activity within the territory on pricing, promotional and other commercial initiatives and give feedback to Regional Manager in the short and long-term strategic planning for the region in order to maximize revenue and yield
- To prepare weekly, monthly and annual sales reports and constant monitoring of market trends and competitor activities in order to ensure that Head Office is kept informed of local conditions
- To liaise with marketing and tariff pricing and other passenger service related departments of the company to ensure well integrated sales effort
- Conduct and co-ordinate annual performance reviews for all Sales Executives whilst constantly reviewing the training development needs
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate fluently in spoken and written English
- Must possess good negotiation abilities.
- Should have a systematic and logical approach to problem solving and have the capability of working around problems
- Should possess good creative and lateral thinking skills
- Must be a strong self-motivated team player, capable of seeing and understanding the bigger picture and actively contributing to that result
- Must be well groomed and highly sociable in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment
- Must be analytical, patient and capable of leading and performing well under pressure with tactful and mature disposition
- Excellent organizational, communicational, interpersonal and leadership skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales & Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years Sales & Marketing experience with a proven track record in the leisure/airline/travel industry of which minimum 2 years should be at a management level
- Expertise in selling of airline, tour operators or hotel products, together with an excellent knowledge of geography and a clear understanding of the tourism industry
- Sound knowledge of MS office applications and any tour operating software will be an advantage
- An excellent track record in developing, implementing and controlling budgets
- Should be an analytical thinker with a high degree of initiative to keep pace with market trends and develop appropriate innovative strategies
- Good knowledge of the local travel market
- A proven ability to negotiate and work within a multi-national and a multi-cultural environment