Position: CHIEF ACCOUNTANT..
Deadline: 07 Jan 2021.
Date posted: 24 Dec 2020.
Location:Dar es Salaam..
The suitable candidate should have a passion for accounting and experience in this field. The role reports to the Country Manager.
- Managing accounting operations (often including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition)
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, reporting any variances
- Preparing and publishing timely annually financial statements
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Ensuring all reporting is compliant with statutory law and financial regulations
- Overseeing the management of cash flow and debt/debt collection
- Managing the audit process and liaising with external personnel as required
- University degree in Accounting or Finance. Must have CPA (T)
- 5 - 8 years of progressive experience in accounting, preferably in a hotel/ hospitality industry
- Good understanding of financial management obligations (including statutory obligations)
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Using computer software – ERP system e.g. Sage 3X is an asset
- Leadership with the ability to drive a team
- project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc..)
- ERP Knowledge is an excellent advantage