Position: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER FOR TUBE MILL.
Deadline: 25 Oct 2020.
Date posted: 12 Oct 2020.
Location:Kisemvule which is 15 Kilometres before Mkuranga.
- Analyse and define electrical equipment problems to improve quality and productivity, to repair damaged equipment, to save money and to improve production line up-time
- Re-design, re-engineer and/or retro-fit electrical equipment that needs upgrading is damaged poorly designed or is incorrectly used in order to improve quality and productivity, to save money and to improve production line up-time
- Investigate and analyse electrical problems, define and scope projects, make engineering drawings or layouts, write engineering reports, make cost estimates, obtain bids, write work orders, make recommendations to management, obtain approval to purchase necessary equipment and materials, and work with Maintenance and Operations personnel to retro-fit and install
- Study electrical requirements, maintenance manuals and maintenance procedures to design and establish a Preventative Maintenance program to increase equipment up-time. Coordinate all Productive and Preventive activities and insure all maintenance work is satisfactorily completed as assigned
- Communicate and coordinate with Maintenance personnel to provide electrical technical expertise and support on the full-range of maintenance projects and programs to reduce maintenance costs, to avoid costly downtime and to increase equipment utilization
- Define, prepare and control work order jobs. Prepare work instructions, order and secure spare parts for jobs to be completed to insure the orderly and efficient utilization of maintenance manpower and materials
- Provide for and ensure the timely, accurate and efficient administration and control of the spare parts (electrical) program, assure that all spares which are essential for the orderly and efficient operation of the plant are either inventoried on site or are readily available for delivery through equipment vendors in order to avoid unnecessary downtime waiting for spare parts
- Assist Operations and Maintenance with troubleshooting and repairs of Pollution control Equipment in order to meet rules and regulations
- Follow OSHA regulation as it applies to engineering design, construction, maintenance and equipment installation to assure compliance to safety and health requirements
- Keep abreast of new equipment and techniques by reading appropriate journals, associating with professional organizations, trade organizations, colleagues, equipment vendors, service companies, consultants, and government agencies, and attending conferences, training courses and continuing education courses as appropriate
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with excellent grades in final year results
- Good academic results of O' level and A' level
- Minimum 2 years of hands on experience in Electrical and Industrial Safety
- PLC and programming knowledge
would be an added advantage
Should have Basic Knowledge of Tube mill
Working Safety & Break down handling Knowledge on Tube plant related equipment
Knowledge in Break down & Shift Handling
Good Knowledge in Electrical Safety & Industrial Safety
Should have Basic Knowledge on AC/DC & Servo Drive