Deadline: 25 Oct 2020.
Date posted: 12 Oct 2020.
Location:Kisemvule which is 15 Kilometres before Mkuranga.
On behalf of our esteemed client, we are looking for an experienced Accountant to take care of the factory in Kisemvule, which is 15 Kilometres before Mkuranga. The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating with different departments, debtors and
creditors, oversee payrolls, stocks etc. He/ She will also work as a conduit between
the head office and the factory.
- Prepare, analyse and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyse inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Coordinate with different departments, debtors and creditors, oversee payrolls, stocks ,etc
- Analyse cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory, liability accounts
- Review and analyse inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 5+ years of related experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Ability to research, compile, analyse and interpret data
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to analyse and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
- Strong organizational and communicational skills
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of any accounting systems preferred
- Apparel industry/ factory background preferred
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- The successful candidate must be ready to work at Kisemvule