Position: PORT SUPERVISOR.
Deadline: 07 Jan 2021.
Date posted: 24 Dec 2020.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
Port Supervisor assists in planning the sequence of loading and
unloading cargo from ships, and the placement of cargo in the port area.
The Supervisor oversees large-scale operations, assists in resource
planning and deploys manpower for each shift. The individual also takes
charge of lashing operations that secure cargo on vessels.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Allocate resources to carry out vessel loading and unloading plan.
- Conduct audits on compliance to Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) requirements.
- Deploy staff to match operational demands.
- Facilitate communication between the executive and working staff.
- Monitor vessel arrival and discharge to coordinate cargo loading and unloading.
- Oversee cargo handling operations.
- Perform daily planning on resource allocation (berths, yard and stowage planning).
- Propose workflow improvements to improve efficiency.
- Recommend initiatives to enhance vessel operations and productivity.
- Supervise lashing operations.
day-to-day issues and proposes improvements to workflow in order to
enhance productivity and efficiency of the port operations
within transportation and logistics (ideally shipping/ maritime agent,
merchant, broker) with knowledge of local requirements (approaches,
governmental/ local authorities)
- 5 years experience in shipping
others, analytical thinking, out of the box solution finder,
multi-tasking, good stakeholder management skills, ability to work well
under pressure, contingency planning
- Good MS Office application knowledge
be well organised person who is able to multi-task under pressure, and
may be required to work outdoors and irregular hours.