Position: ELECTROMECHANICIAN / MILLWRIGHT.
Deadline: 15 Nov 2019.
Date posted: 29 Oct 2019.
On behalf of our esteemed client, we are looking for Electromechanician / Electromechanical Artisan or Millwright responsible for installation and maintenance of heavy machinery used in industry. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing both mechanical and electrical works. It involves dismantling, fault detection, repairing and in some cases, the manufacturing of parts, as well as the maintenance, reconstruction and installation of machinery.
- Fault detection
- Installation of new machinery
- Maintaining a high standard of safety
- Advising department heads regarding technical problems
- Perform preventative maintenance and to attend breakdowns on all machines
- Make temporary repairs, so that the machine can be used until the correct parts are available
- Dismantle electrical motors and test for faults, check wiring, as well as determine power output
- Perform maintenance work on machines, electrically driven machines and electronic control gear
- Electrical installation
- Coupling of cables
- At least 5 years of work experience as Electromechanician
- Responsible, have initiative and self-confidence
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of electrical principles
- Good memory for details
- Manual dexterity and enjoy working with your hands
- Healthy and strong
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Able to work under pressure and to solve problems
- Able to work high above the ground and in confined spaces