Position: PURCHASING MANAGER.
Deadline: 31 Oct 2019.
Date posted: 16 Oct 2019.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
On behalf of our esteemed client, we are looking for Purchasing Manager responsible for sourcing equipment, goods
and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able
to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories
of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and bench marking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Bachelor's Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration
- At least 7 years proven working experience as Purchasing Manager. Experience in Spare parts is a must.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Working experience of any vendor management software
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Strong leadership capabilities