Position: HEAD OF PROCUREMENT.
Deadline: 30 Sep 2019.
Date posted: 12 Sep 2019.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Procurement to manage the company's supply of products and services. The ideal candidates will be responsible for strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers, and discover the best ways to cut
procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in growth and
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Bachelor's Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration. MSc will be an added advantage
- 7+ proven working experience as a Head of Procurement or Procurement Manager
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities