Position: HEAD OF FINANCE.
Deadline: 30 Sep 2019.
Date posted: 12 Sep 2019.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
We are looking for a Head of Finance to supervise all financial tasks of the company and maintain the company's financial health and increase profitability in the long run. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating forecasting models, assessing risk
in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with
regulations. To be successful in this role, the candidate should have experience
in crafting financial strategies and managing accounting team.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results
- Approve or reject budgets
- Conduct risk management
- Evaluate and decide on investments
- Supervise a team of Accountants
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Recommend cost reducing solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CPA or ACCA) is a plus
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a Finance Manager/Head of Finance or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software preferably Pastel
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities