Position: TRUCK AND TRAILER MECHANIC.
Deadline: 20 Aug 2019.
Date posted: 05 Aug 2019.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
On behalf of our happy client, we are looking for a Truck and Trailer Mechanic responsible for performing preventative maintenance and general repairs on truck and trailer units as per the company standards.
- Diagnose and repair trucks and trailers, including preventative maintenance, inspections, repair brakes, tires, overhaul and engine rebuilds, etc. with safety as the top priority
- Identify, diagnosis, and resolve trucks and trailers any related issues, eg. Speedometer, power steering, starter, alternator, etc
- Diagnose and repair trailer components such as doors, floors and side panels
- Perform preventive maintenance on trucks and trailers including routine technical repairs and completing repair orders
- Remain technically proficient in all areas including truck, trailer, tire, and basic parts administration
- Use effective interpersonal skills to maintain positive working relationships with team members, all company personnel and external vendors
- Utilize appropriate resources, such as the parts manual and computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems, determine most effective and efficient method for repair and locate parts
- Abide by all company policies and safety rules and assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and take appropriate actions, recommend process changes, and initiate improvements
- Be a positive role model for all team members providing support and enthusiasm; creating a professional, positive work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanics or any related technical school certification
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in truck and trailer repairs
- Valid driving license preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively over the phone and face to face
- Building solid working relationships with team members, all company employees and vendors
- Use effective time management techniques and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi task without negatively impacting performance
- Must be able to effectively and accurately complete detailed work with a sense of urgency
- Always keeping safety at the forefront and demonstrating safe operating procedures
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and evaluate problems and situations and draw logical conclusions to make successful repairs
- Ability to maintain composure and react professionally during periods of stress
- Must be self motivated and able and willing to work independently while motivating team efforts
- Demonstrate diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs
- Ability to clearly communicate in English, both verbally and written