Position: GENERAL MANAGER.
Deadline: 10 Jun 2019.
Date posted: 26 May 2019.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
On behalf of our esteemed client, we are looking for a General Manager to oversee all staff, budgets and operations of the company. The ideal candidate will be responsible in formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies.
To be successful in this role, the candidate should be a thoughtful leader and a
confident decision-maker, helping people develop and be productive,
while ensuring the company profits are on the rise.
- Oversee day to day operations
- Design strategy and set goals for growth
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses
- Set policies and processes
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Direct the employee assessment process
- Prepare regular reports for upper management
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or any relevant field. MBA is a plus
- Proven 5+ years experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem solving aptitude