Position: PROFESSIONAL SECRETARY.
Deadline: 28 Jul 2018.
Date posted: 18 Jul 2018.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
On behalf of our happy client we are looking for a competent Professional Secretary to support the Managing Director of the company. The ideal candidate will be the one to organize and maintain the MD‘s schedule and assist him by performing a variety of administrative tasks.
- Maintain MD's agenda and assist in planning appointments, board meetings, conferences etc
- Attend meetings and keep minutes
- Receive and screen phone calls and redirect them when appropriate
- Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Make travel arrangements for MD
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure
- Monitor office supplies and negotiate terms with suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective orders
- Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible
- Conduct research and prepare presentations or reports as assigned
- Degree in Business Administration, Full Secretarial Certificate or relative field
- Proven 5+ years experience as Professional/Executive secretary or similar administrative role
- Proficient in MS Office
- In depth knowledge of office management and basic accounting procedures as well as technical vocabulary of relevant industry
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Integrity and confidentiality