Deadline: 28 Feb 2021.
Date posted: 23 Feb 2021.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
The Accountant is responsible for monitoring
cost variance, implementing cost standards for materials, labor, and preparing
costs works closely with operation, understands supply chain process and
inventory control. Assists with the annual budget, generates reports as
required and work with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance.
Identifies and offer process and system improvement.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- In charge of the expenditure section, delegate
any task or duties to your subordinates whenever seems necessary
- In collaboration with expenditure cashier, to
identify daily company expenditure needs
- To prepare daily, monthly, quarterly and annual
- To ensure all account information is properly
and timely recorded in the books of accounts
- To ensure that the company always maintain value
of money for good and services purchased
- To verify imp rest expenditure, check if the
supporting documents are genuine
- To control and maintain budget against
- To prepare monthly payroll and ensure all
deduction including employee loans, advance and imp rest are effected in an
- To receive expenditure reports from branches and
verify supporting document before recording in the books of accounts
- To participate in preparation of annual
- To supervise assistant accountant and
- Any other duties by assigned by your
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting/Banking and Finance
- At least 5 years relevant experience in expenditure or cost
accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and any accounting packages
- Excellent analytic skills and sound understanding of accounting
- Ability to prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual
- Attention to detail
- Fostering team work
- Initiative and motivation
in order to achieve expected results.
- Computer competency is a