Position: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT.
Deadline: 05 Jul 2018.
Date posted: 21 Jun 2018.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
We are looking for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. The ideal candidate will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company's finances.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Proven 4+ years working experience as a Assistant Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and must be competent in TALLY accounting software
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices