Position: ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER.
Deadline: 18 May 2018.
Date posted: 06 May 2018.
This position serves as a senior environmental professional taking a leadership role in providing environmental guidance, technical support and management to the manufacturing locations and all business units of the company.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide company manufacturing with specific information with respect to air, waste and chemical management in an effort to facilitate effective environmental compliance with their permits, plans and general regulatory compliance needs
- Participate in negotiations with federal, state, and local agencies for the resolution of non-compliance issues, permitting matters, remediation efforts, inspections, etc
- Manage outside consultants and legal counsel to ensure project objectives are achieved in a timely manner within prescribed budgets
- Participate in sustainability efforts corporate wide that will result in demonstrable reductions in pollution, energy, or water by resource conservation efforts and alternative technologies development
- Conduct comprehensive environmental audits of manufacturing facilities as assigned and assist plant in developing action plans to achieve compliance by successful completion of tasks to close out audit findings.
- Analyze and review new raw materials requested for use in trials and full production in manufacturing facilities based on knowledge of environmental regulations and existing permits
- Keep current with emerging environmental regulations. Prepare and provide guidance to manufacturing facilities on complying with applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Prepare and provide technical and procedural environmental training presentations to groups of employees and managers as required
- Participate in the development of new products and processes to ensure that manufacturing locations are in environmental compliance with regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required. (Environmental Engineering or Sciences strongly preferred). MBA or other post-graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years escalating environmental experience with manufacturing industry including 5 + years of project management experience
- In depth knowledge of multi-media (Air, Solid Waste, Water, Land, etc) environmental regulations and requirements (state, federal, international)
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities and execute to completion in a timely manner
- Ability to work without supervision and on confidential projects
- Strong problem solving skills, solid decision making abilities and a self-starter
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels