Position: AGRICULTURAL EXCELLENCE MANAGER.
Deadline: 15 May 2018.
Date posted: 06 May 2018.
On behalf of our esteemed client we are looking for Agricultural Excellence Manager who will be responsible to provide leadership and c o-ordinate company fuelwood, forestry and tea agronomy operations, plans and implementations through partnering with line managers and teams concerned to ensure equitable supply and distribution of firewood to the company factories, maintenance & compliance to forestry and environment regulatory standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, develop and implement overall company plans on forestry, environment and fuelwood resources, model and regulate yields and evaluate the resources
- Responsible for managing all forestry and environment activities, including the development of operational plans, company protocols and policies
- Co-ordinate and supervise forestry and fuelwood operations to ensure compliances to regulatory standards
- Responsible for developing land use plans, securing land for forestry development, evaluating afforestation suitability, monitoring and evaluation
- Deliver short and long term fuelwood demand and supply planning to maintain the desired firewood supply
- Develop collaborations with relevant institutions on areas of improvement beneficial to the company and compliance to external bodies and national regulatory requirements
- Ensure identification and mitigation of hazards and risks by carrying out and implementing forestry and environment risk assessment and analysis
- Responsible for all the company’s forestry research programmes, including the management of all existing trial plots and development of company’s new species, hybrid, clonal etc
- Support the development of field operations and process controls and improvements to increase efficiencies
- Bachelors graduate in Agriculture or related fields
- Min 8 years hands on experience in environment forestry or fuelwood management
- Strong in People management
- Forestry and Plantations operations
- Responsible Care
- Asset Investment and Care
- Project Management
- Knowledge of local and international forestry regulations and standards