Position: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO).
Deadline: 20 Apr 2018.
Date posted: 08 Apr 2018.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will be General
Manager for the company to supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the company. He/She will be the first in command in the company and responsible for giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
To thrive as a CEO, the ideal candidate must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader with a business mindset and will be able to see the "big picture" in a variety of settings. The CEO will take actions to enhance the company's cash flow while keeping the human factor in perspective. The goal is to drive the company’s development and guide it towards long term success.
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing managerial team
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Make high quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company's legality and business ethics
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company
- Direct the company in keeping with the vision outlined for the company by the Board of Directors
- Partner with management team to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability
- Represent the company as required, including attendance of important functions, industry events and public meetings
- Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department in partnership with division managers
Qualifications & Skills Required
- At least Master's Degree in Business Administration and 10+ years of corporate managerial experience
- Should be in active
age, with high integrity and able to plan, prepare reports and capable of
- Should be confident
in supervising a management team to spearhead it for change
- Should be capable of negotiating with employees, suppliers, bankers on
convincing for increased productivity, getting
credit supplies and working capital respectively
- Should be computer
literate, Advanced skills in MS Office while knowledge of any management software will be an added advantage
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts