Position: MARKETING MANAGER.
Deadline: 31 Mar 2018.
Date posted: 14 Mar 2018.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing, establishing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet the company goals and objectives. This means that the Marketing Manager will be working towards raising the visibility of the company by carrying out effective marketing and communication plan to attract new customers, publicize the strengths of the company products and promote the profile of the company brand as a whole to external audiences. The Marketing Manager is therefore responsible for the effective management of marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The corporate Visual Identity and ensure that all official content of the company follows the guidelines as set out in the sales and marketing operating guidelines
- Develop and implement long term and short term marketing strategies of the company
- Devise mechanisms to promote company products and penetrate new markets
- Assist the sales team in effectively reaching all the potential customers of the company products by developing marketing opportunities and plans
- Improve the visibility of the company as a brand together with increased awareness of the company products and services among individuals, corporate and professionals
- Maintain company professional image
of marketing materials like leaflets, posters, flyers, brochures and the like while liaising with designers and printers, organizing photo shots, proof reading the marketing materials and liaising with the necessary staff to update content as necessary
- Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press-local, regional,national and specialist publications- or on the radio, or television depending on the nature of the campaign
- Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials for corporate company
- Organizing and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions, selection and ordering of the promotional merchandise for exhibitions and for use as corporate gifts
- Contributing to and developing marketing plans and strategies
- Evaluating marketing campaigns
- Monitoring competitor activity through gathering marketing intelligence
- Supporting the Sales and Marketing manager and other colleagues
- Improve product market ability by capitalizing on marketing opportunities like product branding, identifying customer requirements and defining competitors strengths and weaknesses
prompt followup by concerned managers on the inquiries after the promotional activities
- Market analysis of new advertise campaigns of the company
- Managing stock of all marketing materials to identify when stock needs to be replenished and ensure that all branch offices have the required marketing materials
- Create fresh and update web content and pass on to the IT officer as necessary to update the company website
- Provide ideas and input into the development of new e-marketing materials
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Diploma in Business or Marketing or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 5 years experience in developing and managing marketing strategies
- Technical marketing skills
- Relevant product and industry knowledge (Building materials and construction industry)
- Experience with relevant software applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Formal presentations kills, strong and effective communicator
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Team leadership
- Design skills including graphics and webdesign
- Must be available to travel
- Valid driving license