Position: TRANSPORT/LOGISTICS MANAGER.
Deadline: 28 Mar 2018.
Date posted: 14 Mar 2018.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the company transportation/logistics department. This will involve Hiring, training, and supervising employees within the department and manages scheduling of logistics.
- Schedule daily and weekly routes
- Track orders using functional systems
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Ensure transportation/logistics documents are properly filed
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders
- Ensure compliance with company policies
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations
- Oversee transportation/logistics department, including its assets and employees
- Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management
- Ensure customer goods move from the warehouse
- Supervise freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions
- Establish quality transportation services
- Develop partnerships with outside carriers in logistics
- Plan and implement budgets
- Utilize services of less-than-truckload carriers to handle fulfillment logistics
- Supervise scheduling of logistics
- Review financial reports
- Manage performance departmental employees with emphasis on productivity, efficiency, and service delivery
- Lead all distribution and transportation planning and strategic activities
- Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate, coach, and mentor drivers
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities
- Bachelor' Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant field
- Proven 5+ work experience as a Transportation/Logistics Manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management
- Experience preparing and tracking orders
- Familiarity with any logistics software will be added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Problem-solving abilities