Position: CREDIT CONTROLLER.
Deadline: 10 Mar 2018.
Date posted: 27 Feb 2018.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
On behalf of our happy client, we are looking for Credit Controller responsible for the management of debt recovery, which may involve stopping the delivery of services or undertaking legal action in the case of non-payment by the debtor. He/She will report to the Head of Finance and Administration, and handles the collection of finances and the resolution of account queries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Debtors / Accounts receivables
- Credit control /check on each sales
- Review current credit control policies
- Identify, Document & communicate new
policies & procedures
- Adhere to credit control policies &
- Exercise Debtors accounts reconciliation
and allocate the remittances and credit notes to the customer accounts
- Advise on credit notes to be made
- Hold collections meetings
- Preparation of weekly expected
collections post discussions and coordination with Sales team
- Regular follow up with sales on
collections of receivables
- Assist sales team on collections,
personal visits to the customers for collections of debts
- Accurate & timely reports on
collections & debtors along with DSO analysis (Days Sales Outstanding)
periodic visits and surprise checks of cash collection at Head Office and Branches
monitor cash collected deposited in Bank on the next working day
and validation of internal transfer documents and their proper accounting
- Perform audit work (as assigned)
- Effective Management of team under you
to ensure effective delivery of their responsibilities
- Other temporary accounting and
administration work as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field
- Minimum of 4 years prior experience holding the same position
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Strong communication skills, orally and verbally
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
- Competence in Microsoft Office products, and accounting software programs (preferably SAP)
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- Ability to hold personal client information in the strictest confidentiality