Position: CAMP MANAGER.
Deadline: 15 Jan 2018.
Date posted: 28 Dec 2017.
The camp manager will be responsible for the complete oversight of day to day operations at the camp, staff management and guest experience.
- Staff Management of all employees, including daily oversight, disciplinary issues, recommendations for hiring/firing, off duty roster and approvals, payment of medical reimbursements and implementation of Human Resource (HR) documentation and requirements. Note that HR support will be given by Group Human Resource Manager, especially with regards to drafting of HR documentation, training opportunities and compliance with Labour laws.
- Food and Beverage Management including approval of all menus, implementation and improvement of food concept, hygiene, quality control, consumption levels and kitchen stock controls
- Guest Experience and Hosting of all visitors according to the camp ethos of managing a balance between privacy/space and a warm down-to-earth hosting by management. Ensuring guests receive personal attention and specific special requests are taken care of within reason.
- Security and safety of all guests, staff and assets of the camp is a priority. This includes ensuring systems for guests to be escorted safely around the camp at night are implemented and followed.
- Controls, orders and stock keeping of all consumables, equipment, fuel and linen with use of appropriate systems to ensure there is no opportunity for theft or wastage.
- Environmental responsibility for the operations of the camp in lines with our ethos, advertising and conservancy guidelines. This includes responsible firewood usage/collection, eco-friendly disposal of waste and respect for the surrounding wildlife, plants and greater ecosystem.
- Housekeeping and laundry oversight, including checks and training to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, service and attention to detail.
- Reports and records to be sent to head office as and when requested.
- Maintenance oversight of all camp assets and equipment including tents, furniture, plumbing, electrics and vehicles.
- Camp improvements and beautification through suggestion and implementation of appropriate landscaping, additional decor and other developments within budget and guidance of management, including Operations Manager's input.
- Petty cash recording and reporting.
- Communication and relationship management (as required) with conservancy representatives, community representatives and local government officials.
- Encounter Ethos and Values to be upheld, promoted and integrated into all areas of the camp's operations.
- Previous experience in camp/lodge management is highly preferable whilst Food and Beverage training/experience, East African and guiding qualifications are all valuable.
- 5+ years work experience in the same field
- Fluent in both Swahili and English. Additional languages will be an added advantage