Position: MECHANICAL ENGINEER.
Deadline: 15 Dec 2017.
Date posted: 29 Nov 2017.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer who can deliver detailed analytical concepts and then back up those concepts with written justification. The Mechanical Engineer will act as a mentor to the Junior Engineers on staff and create a work environment that is conducive to teamwork and strong professional development. The successful candidate for this position will be able to take a project from the conceptual stage through to completion, taking into account budgeting and operational considerations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews
- Deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors
- Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies
- Submit a scope of work for each project that includes budgetary numbers and the goal of each project
- Develop CAD project drawings and review drawings from junior team members for accuracy
- Collaborate with Project Managers to develop an accurate accounting of all engineering hours required for various types of internal projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required (Master's preferred)
- 7+ years project management experience
- 3+ years experience in an engineering leadership role
- Strong knowledge of CAD/CAM software and drafting procedures
- Excellent prioritization and project development skills