Position: FURNITURE CARPENTER.
Deadline: 20 Nov 2017.
Date posted: 08 Nov 2017.
Location:Dar es Salaam.
Job SummaryFurniture Carpenter will generally be responsible for designing,
building, and repairing various types of furniture such as wooden
chairs, shelves, drawers, tables, etc.
- Carry out planning and survey to identify and implement of trending styles and ideas in construction
- Interact with clients to obtain information as regards their specification and preferences for a project
- Proffer recommendation on appropriate furniture designs and styles, considering costs and choice
- Provide cost estimate of materials required for the construction of wooden fixture
- Select suitable wood type, as well as other materials needed for construction work
- Create custom woodworks used in the crafting of fine furniture units
- Repair or replace damaged wood parts in structures such as beds, cabinets, and desks
- Ensure the regularity of woodwork by carrying out smoothening and various operation using planes and staining materials
- Conduct studies on classic woodwork to attempt a reinvention or reconstruction of such designs
- Take measurements to establish furniture dimensions during the design or construction of wooden structures
- Cut and shape wood materials to obtain components for a furniture unit
- Assemble and join wood components with the aid of nails, glue, and hammer to form a complete structure
- Bore holes on wood materials/structures to create lodge space for screws and bolts
- Install wood add-ons such as hinges, handles, and locks onto finished products
- Guide and supervise the activities of junior or trainee furniture carpenters.
- At least Diploma or Technical Training Program in carpentry
- Minimum 4years carpentry experience
- Must be skilled in the use of various tools and machines to create desired patterns and shapes